Library & Emedia
Reading paper books or ebooks, listening to audio books or watching videos, listening to radio, or watching TV programs; whatever your preference, when it comes to the French language, we have you covered.
Look through the list, find something interesting in your favourite medium and give your French a daily workout.
- Culturethèque - a complete French elibrary;
- read magazines, books, comics
- listen to music, audio-books
- watch documentaries, films for children
- learn French vocabulary and grammar
Plus, there is a section for children.
Access to Culturethèque is free for all Alliance Française members.
How to sign-up Log-in to Culturethèque
- AFGC in-house library - French magazines, videos and over 500 books. Persue the collection for some hidden gems - perfect for picking up new French vocabulary.
Free for AFGC members.
Borrowing a video requires a $20- refundable deposit. Videos to be returned within two weeks from the date borrowed.
- On-line dictionaries
- https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/french-english (Perfect for beginners, it includes audio, word forms, verb tables, examples of sentences)
- https://www.wordreference.com/fren/ (For intermediate and advanced students)
- https://www.linguee.com/english-french/translation/ (Gives translations of words and sentences with the word in question)
- https://www.larousse.fr/dictionnaires/francais-monolingue/ (Monolingual, for advanced students)
- http://www.expressio.fr/ (Gives origins, meaning, examples of use and the equivalents in other languages of French expressions)
- On-line French radio stations
- https://www.sbs.com.au/language/french (Locally and French produced programs in French)
- https://savoirs.rfi.fr/fr/apprendre-enseigner (Intermediate students will enjoy this website which includes several links with French language news broadcasts and some instructional language lessons. Le journal en francais facile provides a daily news summary and a link with the accompanying text version. Early evening gives current news broadcast. Broadcast archives provide sound for various programs, searchable by keyword and date. Accompanying text is available for each of the archived broadcasts.)
- https://radio.garden (Tune into 8000 stations around the world. Turn the globe on the screen to position your chosen city in the target, and then select a station from a list on the right.)
- French TV news & e-papers
- https://www.lecourrieraustralien.com/ (An Australian e-paper in French)
- How to type French accents
Become a Member of AFGC