During COVID-19 crisis Term 2 courses will be held online and live
President's address and course information
Dear AFGC Community Members,
I hope you are all well and coping with the “New Normal” of social distancing caused by the Covid-19 virus that is sweeping the world. You can be assured that Alliance Française Gold Coast is committed to continuing to provide the best French learning experience for Gold Coasters. That is why we have moved all our classes online for at least the next term.
We will be using the “Zoom” platform, with class materials being sent out before each lesson to allow students to prepare. Our teachers are currently undergoing training in order to make sure that the online lessons will be as effective as attending classes in person. I would like to take this opportunity to thank our teachers for the dedication and enthusiasm with which they are approaching the transition to online learning. You will find details of the new format and pricing for lessons below.
We will resume our physical classes and Saturday conversation sessions as soon as it is safe to do so, although it may not be for some time. The health and well-being of our staff, students and community members has to be our highest priority. Meanwhile, we can all stay connected to share our mutual love of the French culture and language. Visit our website, follow our Facebook page and read our regular newsletters to keep up to date with all things French. Above all, stay safe.
We look forward to you joining us online.
Information you need to know about our move to live online courses.
- We use Zoom online conference platform. It allows seeing, listening and engaging with your teacher.
- You can connect on a desktop computer, a laptop, a smartphone or a tablet.
- It takes two clicks to join a meeting, Zoom account is not required.
- A couple of days before your lesson your teacher will send you an email with a link to a meeting. When the lesson is about to start, you click on the link and follow the prompts to join the meeting.
- Watch this tutorial video to familiarise yourself with Zoom, and learn how to join a meeting for the first time.
- Available group courses: Complete Beginners, Beginners (3 levels), Elementary, Advanced Elementary (2 levels) and Intermediate (3 levels). View Term 2 Timetable.
- Course duration and fees:
Option 1, 20 April to 22 May: 5 weeks; 5 x 1.5 h lessons: $125
Option 2, 20 April to 25 June: 10 weeks (full term); 10 x 1.5h lessons: $200
- During the COVID-19 crisis, annual membership fees for new members are reduced by 50% (lifetime membership excepted). View members' benefits.
We hope that you will have a great online learning experience with us, and that in time the current situation here and globally will improve and we will soon meet again in our classrooms in Bundall.
Read our Terms & Conditions.
Become a Member
View Payment Options
Make a Payment